Back to Home Page
When I worked on a crisis hotline, reading anything which could help me answer the calls better was counted as "productivity", so I read a lot! Here are a few of the books I consider 'must have' references for communication tools.
- Conversationally Speaking by Alan J. Garner (1981)
- When I Say No, I Feel Guilty by Manuel J. Smith (1985)
- The Dance of Anger by Harriet Goldhor Lerner (1985)
- The Gentle Art of Verbal Self Defense by Suzette Haden Elgin (1980)
- Tongue Fu!: How to Deflect, Disarm, and Defuse Any Verbal Conflict by Sam Horn (1996)